2001 GTX Di TPS advice

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dc5boost

So I got my handy dandy CanDoo Pro this week and my 2001 GTX Di had an active fault for the TPS adaption failure,

I just removed both throttle position sensors tonight and I am going to pick up 2 Bosch 0 260 122 014 PTS's. I had a local parts store cross reference them and they had one similar but I like to stick to whats in there. Has anyone used a different PTS in their ski with any success?

My main question for anyone out there would be some advice as to resetting the TPS when the new sensors go in....

Do I just have to set the throttle plate to the closed position then install them and reset the TPS settings with my CanDoo Pro? Or am I missing something?

I have only had my ski a couple weeks and im new to 2 stokes as well. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

I would suggest going to the repair manual and doing some reading. I breezed through it a few months ago and it look pretty intensive compared to the RFI. Perhaps because the ski was up and running correctly you can take a chance and just install them as is. Check it out in the manual.

I would suggest going to the repair manual and doing some reading. I breezed through it a few months ago and it look pretty intensive compared to the RFI. Perhaps because the ski was up and running correctly you can take a chance and just install them as is. Check it out in the manual.

thanks for the advice. I got 2 OEM throttle position sensors today and put them in, all codes are clear but it’s still beeping and giving me the MAINT light!

this thing is driving me crazy

Good News !! The process looked like a real pain in the butt. How was it in reality. Did you have to adjust anythung prior or after? or did you just replace the sensors?

I think the maintenance signal needs to be cleared by writing in a new date and having it upload. That's what I had to do on a Spark recently. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back