2001 GTX DI Low RPM

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cruise222

Hello All: New member, I have just bought two 2001 GTX DI's and took them to the lake yesterday to try them out. Wow.... The red one took of just great until it reached about 4500 rpm's and just stayed there. No higher. there were no MAINT message on the indicator nothing telling me something was wrong. No red light blinking, can anyone help. Thanks.

Can you interchange the "keys" from one to the other? I have read that there is like a training key, and then an experienced rider "key" the trainer key is supposed to limit the speed. (rpm) Some skis have both, maybe you only got one of each type?

Hey thanks for the reply. I read the book from cover to cover, never heard of that but I do have two keys for each of the ski's. I'll try that and repost.

Thanks for the reply

2 keys

Yes, there are 2 keys for a 2001 GTX DI. White is a training or slow key, limits to around 30MPH, and a yellow key for full throttle use. Should get around 6400 RPM and 60+ MPH.

2001 gtx

Hey Kent thanks for the help, I do in fact have two keys. I have tried both but I think my problem has changed. Now it seem to be staving for fuel. It will idle for a bit then dye, I let it rest and starts up and idles for a while then dyes. Going to try the fuel filter and see what happens. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back