2001 GTX DI Cooling Problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Dors

Hello All;

I’ve read and researched to help me with my cooling problem but no luck.

The ski overheats after a minute or 2 when on the water. No water coming out of the pee hole beneath the ski hook.

When hooked to the flush hose out of the water everything works well.

I have taken the hose off from the stern of the ski and connected a garden hose directly to it to simulate being in the water.

Water comes out the rear bottom pee hole and the exhaust opening on the left side as you look from behind but still nothing from per hole beneath ski hook.

During operation if I take the hose off the top of the exhaust no water is coming out of it. See photo.
This hose connects to something on the side of the motor. See photo. This is where I get confused. Is there water feeding this piece from somewhere? It seems to have a braided line as well as the clear hose and a smaller black hose coming out of it.

I’ve blown compressed air in almost all orifices and things seem ok.

Thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 28
Do you look at the pee hole while riding or just with the throttle at idle?
The pee hole will usually just dribble at idle.
Sounds like something is not hooked up correctly or blocked.
Is the ski actually hot or do you think the temp sensor is going bad?

It is definitely hot. In fact steam was coming off the engine when I last took it out.

Something is definitely blocked as there is no water coming into the exhaust or exiting the exhaust circled in red on the attached photo.
Water comes out the small black hose circled in green.
The component circled in blue is attached to the motor and is what feeds the main tube going to the exhaust. What feeds that and what is it? A compressor?

Thanks for the reply

Attachments

• DE1C0E4B-E808-4A47-9FE0-0688B0E02886.jpeg
    DE1C0E4B-E808-4A47-9FE0-0688B0E02886.jpeg
    677.5 KB · Views: 32
The one circled in green should have water flow from the WCV. (water control valve at the back of the exhaust)
The red one closest to green goes to the air compressor
The one in blue goes from the air compressor to the air compressor silencer.
The other red is your pisser indicator.
All should have water flow directly from the main engine water inlet from the jet pump. If they are not flowing then I would start at the jet pump and work my way to the engine. Also coming off the main inlet is your case/mag cooler lines. Make sure those lines are clear as well.

Just in case you don't have a schematic, I have attached one.

Attachments

• DI cooling.pdf
    238.1 KB · Views: 39
Forgot to add that the main engine inlet goes to the middle of the engine block under the fuel injection system. Very hard to get to unless you take the fuel system off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back