2000 Seadoo XP speed limiter

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cblarsen

I removed the battery while working on the XP. After I hooked back up it will only go to 50 mph (6000 rpm).
It did nearly 70 mph and 7000 rpm prior to.

Is this something to do with the key (speed limit setting)?

How do I reset?

Hate to break the news, but at 7000 rpm the ski might do 61 at best. Your dream-o-meter is lying. But something has changed with the loss of rpm. The most obvious thing would be your raves. Remove them and clean. Check all wiring and hoses connected to the raves and solenoid.

The next obvious question is what work did you do to the ski? There is not a speed limit setting on that ski.

Hate to break the news, but at 7000 rpm the ski might do 61 at best. Your dream-o-meter is lying. But something has changed with the loss of rpm. The most obvious thing would be your raves. Remove them and clean. Check all wiring and hoses connected to the raves and solenoid.

The next obvious question is what work did you do to the ski? There is not a speed limit setting on that ski.
I did nothing to the engine. The machine was doing 65+ one day, then 50 the next after I replaced the bilge pump (and had the battery disconnected).

I did nothing to the engine. The machine was doing 65+ one day, then 50 the next after I replaced the bilge pump (and had the battery disconnected).
Oops. I also found a 3A fuse that was blown...bilge pump started working after I replaced it.

Alright, if nothing has changed, but the bilge pump, then the most likely thing would be clean your raves.

If that doesnt fix, then check the wear ring to make sure it hasnt delaminated from your previous ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back