2000 seadoo not pissing while in lake and not letting me accelerate

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djones76

I have a 2000 seadoo gtx di When I’m connected to the hose, and I hit the gas it lets me accelerate to like 6000 rpm and it’s pissing when im connected to the hose. But when im in the water riding it’s not pissing and when I try an hit the throttle I only get to 2000 rpm, basically not going anywhere can you please help me, I’m new to this and have no idea what’s going on.

Edit: I re-read the post
so its not revving up at all? Could be a fuel issue, could be overheating, could be a combination of things.
What have you done to it in terms of maintenance?

This is a 947 di engine right? I would start with checking compression first.
Yea I believe so it’s the gtx bombardier millennium edition. How do i check the compression and I’m sorry I am totally new to all this. And I just want to actually ride It!

I did the compression test both was 150psi

Attachments

• 16A32B9B-E0D0-4F89-A6AE-B28896E2BB7E.jpeg
    16A32B9B-E0D0-4F89-A6AE-B28896E2BB7E.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
I have a 2000 seadoo gtx di When I’m connected to the hose, and I hit the gas it lets me accelerate to like 6000 rpm and it’s pissing when im connected to the hose. But when im in the water riding it’s not pissing and when I try an hit the throttle I only get to 2000 rpm, basically not going anywhere can you please help me, I’m new to this and have no idea what’s going on.
I did do a compression test they both were 150 psi, so now I am lost of where do I look next

Actually no, your compression on a perfect 951 is 130-140 on a DI. Did you have the throttle wide open when cranking?

Revving on the hose will tell you nothing other than it runs so that is not a good indication of anything.

You need to check fuel pressure next and it should be 107 psi exactly.

Any maintenance lights on the dash lit up?

Thanks for replying, and no there is no maintenance lights, I did not hit the throttle when cranking I just hit the start button.

You have to hod the throttle wide open so you get an accurate reading but also on your ski it cuts off the fuel pump so you don't get a false high reading.

1. Hold throttle wide open.
2. Crank until gauge stops climbing.

Also make sure you are grounding the plug wires on the provided posts.

Ok I’ll re do the compression test wholr holding the throttle in about 30 minutes. Do I need to hold throttle for fuel one too ?

The fuel one you have to make a tester to go inline.
You want to check fuel pressure with key on then again with it idling and again at higher rpm.

I don’t understand I never got go over 2000 rpm never had a stream just now I launched it and got to 4000rpm with a lil stream what could it be? I have video but it won’t let me upload it

If its not pissing then I would check for a blockage in the cooling loop. Download the service manual and it will show you the entire cooling system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back