2000 seadoo GTX RFI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbelt

So I was out on lake other day ski ran great, well today ski was running good, then I noticed that red light up by gas gauge was on an blinking so I stopped and it stopped well I kept going towards the dock, ski running fine still at this point and all of a sudden it’s like a hit the kill switch and now ski just wants to turn over and occasionally sound like it’s gonna pop off. Any ideas as too what I should look into.

I am thinking it may be oil, not sure though. And I get the 2 beebs when I put key on and it’ll turn over,, some times sound like it wants to start bUt it don’t.
Do they have like a safety to where it won’t start if they are too low on oil?

I am thinking it may be oil, not sure though. And I get the 2 beebs when I put key on and it’ll turn over,, some times sound like it wants to start bUt it don’t.
Do they have like a safety to where it won’t start if they are too low on oil?
Have you checked the oil level in the tank?

I just rebuilt my top end on my 2004 gti rfi should I run oil in my fuel for the first tank fuel or should I just let the oil injection do the job

I ran premix for the initial break-in on my first injected ski which was a RFI. My concern was the low oil supply at idle provided by the injection system. I still have a concern but I don't pre-mix now, I called the Fuel Injector Man that does all my injector work and he told me premix would not hurt the injectors for whatever that is worth. Agree or not... I am a bit apprehensive about using premix on the fuel injection. I've considered adjusting the injection a little fat, as in, on the heavy side of oil injection on my engines. If' I am breaking them in though... it probably is not an issue. I am very gentle and patient the first couple of hours and I never run my engines hard for long periods. Good Luck !!

Ok so anyone know where I should start looking on my ski as too why it won’t start?

Noticed plugs are getting pretty wet. Pull them out, dry them off. it’ll almost pop off instantly then just turn over again. Pulled plugs again and they was all wet again

Check for spark FIRST, no spark no run. :) Make sure your connections to the coil are good. Unplug the harness from the mag end and take a look at it. Check battery voltage to make sure battery is fully charged. Check battery voltage while the ski is cranking.

Are you giving the ski just a little bit of throttle while cranking? I find this helps them on first start up in the water. The idle position provides very little fuel to the ski. If your ski is idled too low it will be difficult to start especially in the water.

If you can check fuel pressure I'd suggest that. Check to make sure both injector wires are plugged in securely.

Did you replace the spark plugs. A great portion of the time... it's the spark plugs on these two strokes.
Consider replacing the Rectifier.

Next I'd go to plug #4 and begin ohm checks on all the sensors. This will teach you a lot about the RFI. I don't solve many problems with those checks but they help verify "what it isn't." LOL Good luck and post up your findings. Happy 4th !!

No do not premix in the fuel injected skis.
So I took it out this morning to try and break it in and it wanted to take off but then it would bog out and just idle and then I pushed the throttle and nothing would happen I’m confused it seems like it’s not letting air through the system

Maybe a dumb question but I’m new to owning/working on fuel injection machines.. but if my battery is “Bad” would it affect the injectors an there ability to spit the fuel in.. prolly worded it wrong but hopefully y’all get what I’m trying to get at..

These skis like a good HOT battery. Yes.. bad battery will make the injected skis run bad. INstall some new spark plugs and check your rectifier. Good Luck.

OUtput voltage to the battery but that doesn't tell you if it is causing other problems. Lots of people just replace them. I do. LOL

Ok I’m just going to replace it and buy a new battery,,,, I put the battery from my other ski in an it started right up but died and then just turns over again.

I'd make sure it is an electriacl issue. Starting and dying quickly to me seems like fuel. How is your fuel pressure?

That metal rectangular screen, are they suppose to swell up like that? And Definitely thinking a fuel issue it just started and died now turns over almost starts back up while on the gas. Currently waiting on tool too test the fuel pressure.
5db4ffb0f287a5ac58e2220c25bc75f6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back