2000 seadoo gtx 951 not starting after break in water test

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo3113

I have purchased a 2000 gtx 951 I call it the basket case lol. The top end was disassembled and motor was in a Tupperware bin when I purchased it it was a salt water machine and had been sitting apart for years as it seemed. I fully dissembled the motor and fully cleaned and rebuilt it meticulously with all new seals gaskets everything that could be replaced was replaced. The crank was still good after a through cleaning and was able to be reused. I used a new wsm top end kit bored .25 over and reassembled the engine. Rebuilt the carbs with all new mikuni oem replacement parts cleaned the fuel tank replaced all lines and filters and cleaned the fuel selector in order to eliminate an possible causes of further problems looks like the flywheel side cylinder went lean and melted due to the amount of crud in the fuel system I found I believe that was the original failure! after reassembly I put some pre mix in the tank fresh battery and it fired right up ran it briefly on the hose every thing was perfect.
This weekend I had time to take it to the lake for a water test put it in the water and started break in I got the first cycle of up to 1/3 throttle complete it was late in the day and the sun was setting so I put it on the trailer took it home and was planning to resume the next morning. the next day I tried to fire it and nothing not even a pop I figured I fouled a set of plugs due to running a heavy oil fuel mix replaced the plugs still nothing I have good spark I’m getting air and the plugs are wet with fuel after I pull them but nothing I have 130 and 129 psi compression in both cylinders I’m stumped as with why it won’t run
It ran real well without a stutter or hiccup on the water and now won’t fire at all any help to solve this would be appreciated I don’t really know where to go from here! Sorry for the novel but I wanted to try and describe the full picture.

Do you have spark?,,,If you put gas into the cylinders, will it momentarily fire up? Since it was a salt water machine, go over every connection, thoroughly,,,male and female, fuse holders,,,it could be 1 or more corroded connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back