2000 rxdi problem, just idle's.. please help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

blake903

okay so i've been having a lot of trouble, first the seal on the fuel pump was bad so i got it all replaced and back in, hooked everything up and it starts fine, sounds perfect on idle, but when i try to rev it up it sounds like its on a rev limiter, or just a bogging sounds, it idles at 1450, and won't go past 1500

Is your gauge trying to tell you anything? I'm not trying to spend your money for you but if you're gonna have a ski with fuel injection it would be well worth it to get the premium membership so you could access the manuals.

DAWG

Last edited by a moderator:
it is flashing red and saying maintenance and i have a manual on my computer but i can't figure anything out with it

OK, there are only two things that will cause the MPEM to put the ski in "IDLE ONLY" mode. First is the TPS. Test it according to the manual. Also, make sure the correct harness connector is plugged on to it. It's possible to switch the MAP and TPS connectors.
Second is "HIGH VOLTAGE" going to the battery. Check the voltage at the battery when the ski is running. Anything over 14.5volts will cause this problem.
Hope this helps, DAWG

I have a similar problem, my GTX DI 2000 is doing the same thing, except it will get to about 4500 RPM or 35mph and just start bogging down, really a bummer, not sure what wrong with it, tried cleaning connections, plugs, wires, fuel filter, seafoam. - -no change- - i get a flashing red light with MAINTENANCE across the display.

i forgot to mention, i heard these skis may go into whats called limp mode and needs to be diagnosed by a dealer . . which i hope i dont have to resort to

Dennis you are my hero, it was actually both, i had the tps and map mixed up and i was using only a 200 amp jumper to start it without a battery... its still saying maintenance and only revving to 4500, but i think thats all it would b4 when it was out of water, how do i get the red light and maintenance to go off??

ABOLUTELY, POSITIVELY STOP JUMPING OFF THAT SKI!!!!!!!!!!!! You're lucky you haven't fried the MPEM!
If your battery is bad you need to go buy one. Then check the charging system the way I explained previously. You'll probably find that you need a regulator/rectifier. Your light will then go out and she'll start reving good.
Good Luck, DAWG

yea i went and bought a battery that morning you posted... i guess the label that says do not jump with battery in ski is there for a reason, haha.... and am i right that it will only rev to 4500 out of water or do i still have a problem, such as the regulator, (and im really sorry to keep asking, but once again thank you so much for the help)

I think you still have a problem. It should rev all the way up, out of the water, if things are correct. Using a volt meter on the battery, check the battery voltage while you're reving the engine at about 4000 rpm. If it's above 14.5 volts or below 13 volts then your regulator is probably bad. Incorrect voltage will cause the MPEM to limit your rpm's to only 4500 rpm. Your gauge will also give you a warning light.

DAWG

shew.... more problems, so i went out this morning to check the voltage but right before that i tried to diagnose by using the method the manual states, insert and remove key, press the start button 5 times then insert key and then it did two short beeps then i tried starting and it wont, i took the battery cables off attempting to reset the comp. still no start, it just keeps turning over, its getting good strong spark, fuel is good, i checked all fuses, any ideas what it could be?

You should be able to feel and hear the fuel pump come on momentarily when you install the lanyard. (not cranking). If not then unplug fuel pump and check for battery voltage when lanyard is installed.

DAWG

fuel pump and fuel pressure is good.. i took the plugs out and can see the fuel blown out of the cylinders, its got to be something in the computer not letting it start.. when i did the diagnosis it had two short beeps and the only thing that i could find on 2 beeps was like water flooding, but i don't know, i'm clueless once again

okay just came in from the garage, i got the maintenance light off, i had the knock sensor and water temp hooked in backwards so im guessing that might be what was causing my 4500 rev limiter but it still won't start, the funny thing is when i took out one spark plug and turned it over and the motor tries to start, then i put the plug back in and it does nothing but turn over...

Sounds like the engine is flooded. Hold throttle wide open and see if that helps. It seems to me that you fixed one problem but in the process you created another. Back track thru all that you have connected and disconnected and make sure you didn't forget something.

DAWG

are you getting the 4 beeps every 15 seconds? if so doesnt that mean everything is good and the key is still installed?

well actually i got it all fixed, everything working perfectly, i took it out for a test run and it was cavitating just a bit... i rode it for about 10 mins and the jet pump locked up. I waited around and finally had someone to pull me in, loaded up and went straight home. took it apart and found a bolt missing out of the cone and the cone completely melted, i guess the loose bolt let the oil come out to allow the pump to overheat, the bearings exploded inside the pump and now i cant get my brand new impeller out of the pump.

yes i have this tool, but the shaft is locked into the pump, i put the pump in a vice and a 5 foot cheater bar on the impeller and it still wont pop loose

Blake903 u gonna have to heat up that bolt with a torch to get the impeller off brother!!!!! With that tool.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back