2000 Islandia Leaking Thru Hull Sink Drain

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickC

Hi all,

The last time I took the boat out, I noticed the bilge pump ran every time we stopped. It turns out that my sink drain hose is not in place. There is no sign of it up top. The sink just drains on top of the cabinet. It's my understanding that one thru hull is the drain for the fountain and the other is the sink drain. I believe the sink drain thru hull is leaking water into the bilge and that's why the pump has been running. It appears to access the back side of this, the entire cabinet must be removed.

Has anyone attempted this? If not, does anyone have a suggestion for plugging the thru hulls from the outside? I never even use the sink.

Any thoughts and or suggestions would be appriciated.

Thanks

I wonder if I could simply tap some threads into the hole and thread and appropriately sized and sealed PVC plug. Any issues with that? I'm not sure how thick the walls of the plug are, so that could present an issue.

The other option would be the fill with epoxy. I suppose that would probably work as well.

That cabinet doesn't look fun to remove....

I had a similar issue in the line to sink wasn't sealed right and bilge would run when the water switch was on. There was no way I was getting the cabinet out of mine, so I cut about a 6 X 12 square out behind the cooler storage area. (Right on the back bend part, down low). Replaced some of the hose and the T connectors, problem solved. I reattached the cutout with 2 small stainless hinges and a small backstop. I never see it as it's behind the cooler, but I'll have access if I ever need it again.

Hi all,

The last time I took the boat out, I noticed the bilge pump ran every time we stopped. It turns out that my sink drain hose is not in place. There is no sign of it up top. The sink just drains on top of the cabinet. It's my understanding that one thru hull is the drain for the fountain and the other is the sink drain. I believe the sink drain thru hull is leaking water into the bilge and that's why the pump has been running. It appears to access the back side of this, the entire cabinet must be removed.

Has anyone attempted this? If not, does anyone have a suggestion for plugging the thru hulls from the outside? I never even use the sink.

Any thoughts and or suggestions would be appriciated.

Thanks
The cabinet with drawers comes out with just a few screws. It can be kind of tight when moving it out of the way. Once it's out all the bilge lines and sink line are easily accessible. I would just replace all the hoses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back