2000 gtx stalling when accelerating

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpbjr

I have a 2000 GTX ME with the 947 motor. I have a problem that when I start to accelerate from a stop or slowly bring the throttle up the motor seems to load up and stall completely. Runs very well at the higher RPM's. This problem is at the transition point off idle from 2000-2500 rpms. If you don't gun it right out of the hole it will fall on its face.

I finally dug into my stalling issue. I went through the carbs to check for leak. Behold even as I started to disassemble I could see an issue. The diaphragms have a weep hole to allow air to pump in and out of the housing. The paint was starting to peel around the weep hold which meant gas was getting past the diaphragm and I couldn't build fuel pressure in the system. After taking the carbs apart I found holes in the diaphragm, confirmed by a light passing through the rubber diaphragm. Bought the rebuild kit for the 46i Mikuni's and all is well.

I finally dug into my stalling issue. I went through the carbs to check for leak. Behold even as I started to disassemble I could see an issue. The diaphragms have a weep hole to allow air to pump in and out of the housing. The paint was starting to peel around the weep hold which meant gas was getting past the diaphragm and I couldn't build fuel pressure in the system. After taking the carbs apart I found holes in the diaphragm, confirmed by a light passing through the rubber diaphragm. Bought the rebuild kit for the 46i Mikuni's and all is well.
Good find and good fix. Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back