2000 gtx rfi winterizing tips

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rob04064

Could anyone help me with winterizing my ski?

I have a small grey fitting that came with the machine i believe threads into the tube exiting the transom in the back of the machine? (Upper port side of jet pump) Assuming this is to flush or winterize the motor. I bought some rv antifreeze but am still unclear on the procedure. I also have on hand a couple hose pinchers which my manual says are needed but their procedure is a little hard to follow not being entirely familiar with the machine yet. It looks like i am supposed to either pump in or pour in the antifreeze in to the outlet port of the head, either by removing the hose off of the head or using the fitting threaded into the tube on back of the transom, and this is while the machine is running?

Everything i have read and watched has been a little shakey so i just want to do it correctly. And obviously not do any damage to my motor. Is buying a sump pump really necessary?

I understand to run it out of water a few times to let the water puke out. Fog the engine, treat the gas etc....it is the antifreeze process i need help with, if anyone is willing to enlighten me.

The winterizing procedure is in the shop manual step by step.

The manual is free to download, google "seadoo manuals".

Question about the Air Pressure Method

It says to install air pressure adapter to the "water outlet located at the rear of the watercraft" - This is the tube coming out of the back of the transom (top left of the jet pump when standing behind the watercraft) Correct?

Question about the antifreeze method

It says to use 60/40 antifreeze mix. I was planning on using RV antifreeze (already purchased after looking around on youtube and other places seems to be what everyone uses) Which I belive doesnt need to be mixed with anything. Would the RV antifreeze be an advisable alternative or no?

Planning on trying both methods, in that order. Thanks

Yes, the fitting is back at the pump and has garden hose threads.
Yes, RV antifreeze is what you should use and mix per the antifreeze manufacturer's directions.

I have that exact ski. Read the owners manual there is a procedure to make it so that the injectors don't work when you fog the engine and then crank it over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back