2000 GTX RFI electrical issues?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

faded

Ran great last year. Parked for the winter. Pulled it out of storage and the starter button was sticking. As soon as the battery was connected the starter would continuously turn over. Nothing on the gauges, just constant starter engagement.

Pulled the handlebar assembly apart and it appears the starter swicth is ok. The Red rubber cover is gummed up hard and wouldn't let the button move.

Charged the battery. Now I got NOTHING. No beep, beep. No gauges. Nothing. The battery is fully charged.

I don't know where to even begin chasing down the problem. I have a meter and the few things I checked seem to be ok. Any help on how to troubleshot this would be great. Thank you.

How did you charge the battery? With what? Did you pull the battery and charge it or leave it in and charge it. Were the cables connected, disconnected?

How did you charge the battery? With what? Did you pull the battery and charge it or leave it in and charge it. Were the cables connected, disconnected?

You're going to hate my answer as much as I'm going to hate your next reply.

I made a BIG mistake. Hooked up a regular battery charger to it while it was still connected. Key was out but the cables were connected.

My buddy is going to kill me.

That doesn't mean it is dead. LOL Check your fuses. I've seen people get away with stuff I'd never try. :D

That doesn't mean it is dead. LOL Check your fuses. I've seen people get away with stuff I'd never try. :D

Fuses are all good.

I really know better. Was just in a hurry. Still have winter on the brain. Urg.

I'll fix it. Hopefully. Just gotta find the problem.

That's not oil, probably slimy water. You're gonna want to verify you have voltage going into the fuses and out of the fuses. Fuses might be good and check good, but it's gotta pass thru them. With that much corrosion anything is possible.

I got power to the instrument panel, now that I've changed the toasted fuse.

Hopefully I'm back to my initial start button problem. I can jump the solenoid and the starter cranks over. The button isn't working. I have a new one in hand.

Attachments

• 20200607_141955.jpg
    20200607_141955.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back