2000 GTX Project Commences

Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

You gotta have vision to look at these old skis and say, "It has potential, gonna be a nice ski." :) So I'm sending the engine off this week but I have other engines I could install. I'll check them out. I was happy when I pulled up and found the ski was NOT a DI? I definitely prefer the Carb 951 over the DI so I'm slipping to the Matt Braley side. :D :D This one needs some love as they all do. I still like the 1996/1997 GTX. I'll have to ride the RX's more to make a more informed decision. Springtime is getting closer and skis need riding. I had some issues with the exhaust manifold. Had to weld my socket into the bolt. Someone had this ski half apart when I got it. Ick... :) Gonna be a slow one but I'm sure interesting.2000 RX Blue disassembly 2-1-20 (2).JPEG2000 RX Blue disassembly 2-1-20 (3).JPEG2000 RX Blue disassembly 2-1-20 (4).JPEG2000 RX Blue disassembly 2-1-20 (5).JPEG2000 RX Blue disassembly 2-1-20 (7).JPEG2000 RX Blue disassembly 2-1-20 (8).JPEG2000 RX Blue disassembly 2-1-20 (12).JPEG

I didn't break the bolt off in this picture but I dang sure tried to get it out. Heated that manifold at least 4 times with the torch. Heated the bolt, tried to shrink it. Blaster..... no dice. Drill it or replace. We'll see but I"m sure I have a good spare.

2000 RX Blue disassembly 2-1-20 (9).JPEG Depends on how I feel one day. I got time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back