2000 GTX Project Commences

Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
You gotta have vision to look at these old skis and say, "It has potential, gonna be a nice ski." :) So I'm sending the engine off this week but I have other engines I could install. I'll check them out. I was happy when I pulled up and found the ski was NOT a DI? I definitely prefer the Carb 951 over the DI so I'm slipping to the Matt Braley side. :D :D This one needs some love as they all do. I still like the 1996/1997 GTX. I'll have to ride the RX's more to make a more informed decision. Springtime is getting closer and skis need riding. I had some issues with the exhaust manifold. Had to weld my socket into the bolt. Someone had this ski half apart when I got it. Ick... :) Gonna be a slow one but I'm sure interesting.2000 RX Blue disassembly 2-1-20 (2).JPEG2000 RX Blue disassembly 2-1-20 (3).JPEG2000 RX Blue disassembly 2-1-20 (4).JPEG2000 RX Blue disassembly 2-1-20 (5).JPEG2000 RX Blue disassembly 2-1-20 (7).JPEG2000 RX Blue disassembly 2-1-20 (8).JPEG2000 RX Blue disassembly 2-1-20 (12).JPEG

I didn't break the bolt off in this picture but I dang sure tried to get it out. Heated that manifold at least 4 times with the torch. Heated the bolt, tried to shrink it. Blaster..... no dice. Drill it or replace. We'll see but I"m sure I have a good spare.

2000 RX Blue disassembly 2-1-20 (9).JPEG Depends on how I feel one day. I got time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back