2000 gtx maintenance light on why

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkoeb

2000 gtx when I start the machine the red light is on and it says maintenance. What should I check

Start the ski and push and hold the set button. If the light goes away then it was just a maintenance interval light. If the light doesn’t go away then you have figure out what is causing the light. Most probably something electrical as fuel won’t cause the maint light to come on.

If it is actually a stored trouble code you are going to have to buy a reader like the CandooPro or have a dealer scan it. You really can’t just guess as it could be many expensive things.

Mikidymac is correct. If you can get someone or the dealer to read your ski on their candoo or buds they can tell you what code it is throwing. Then take that code and look in the manual. The manual will tell you what the code means, or just post the code here and I or someone else can interpret it for you.

Just for curiosity start the ski and rev it between 4000 and 5000 rpm with a volt meter on the battery. It should read between 13.5 and 14.5vdc. Anything under or over those numbers will tell you that the rectifier has gone bad.
DI skis are known to have rectifier problems around the 10 to 12 year mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back