2000 GTX Fuel Enjection machines - What should be addressed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkoeb

I friend of mine just purchase two 2000 GTX machine and asked me to go through them. I have never worked with fuel injections machines and looking for recommend items to inspect/repair. I plan on cleaning the RAV valves, changing the plugs, changing the oil filter and oil lines, replacing the wear rings but what about the fuel side of things? He also asked to have the rectifiers replaced as one of the machines will not rev up after about 5 minutes of running. What should I be looking at doing?

The injected skis don't use the tempo fuel lines.

For maintenance you need to change the fuel filters in the tank, change the spark plugs, celan the RAVE Valves, change the injection oil filter and verify the correct full synthetic API-TC oil is used, change the small 3/32" injection lines and change the pump oil.

I pulled the glovebox and see the sending unit. Do I need to remove the six bolts on top to get the unit out to get to the filters? Do you have a part number for the filters? 2 each?

I pulled the glovebox and see the sending unit. Do I need to remove the six bolts on top to get the unit out to get to the filters? Do you have a part number for the filters? 2 each?
Yes, remove the nuts holding the unit in the tank. It will take a little finessing to get out just be carful of the float and rod for the fuel gauge when removing the canister from the tank. I ordered my filters from eBay just search Seadoo di pump filters and they should come up.

2000 GTX 787 would be a RFI not a DI. Make sure you get the correct filters.
Yeah my fault I didn’t read the part where he said it’s a 787. I do believe the pump filters are the same for both di and rfi, though im not 100% sure

I bought the same ski last fall. Fuel filters were never changed. I bought new Bosch fuel pump and filters for $40 on Ebay. I broke the air pressure line on the top of the sending unit which was annoying to fix. Be careful. I cleaned the Rave valves but they still don't seem to be opening. There was 2" of gray Tempo line that feeds pressure to open the Raves. It was filled with green goo and I think it clogged the one way valve. New one on the way. Runs low 50s according to GPS.

So I removed the fuel pump today and found the one filter on the bottom of the pickup unit. Were is the second filter located at?

So I removed the fuel pump today and found the one filter on the bottom of the pickup unit. Were is the second filter located at?
It’s on the bottom of the pump it’s self. You have to pull the pump out of the canister to get to it.

so my fuel filters came in and I replaced them on both jet skis. One started right up and the second one will not start now. If I put gas down the cylinder it will run for a short time. This machine ran good before I changed the filters. What can be wrong?

Do you hear the fuel pump run when you connect the lanyard and try to start it? Maybe it didn’t get reconnected all the way?

I will check that out. Hopping it is just a connection as it ran before I changed the filters

Ok I pulled the fuel pump and put power to the pump and it turns over. I also check to make sure I have 12 volts at the plug when I push the start button and I do. When I put the pump back in the machine it will not pump fuel. I pulled it out part way and can hear it going. It will not pump fuel even with the fuel line removed from the pump. Any help would be great?

I put the fuel pump from the second machine into this machine and it fired right up. I then took what I think to be the bad fuel pump and put it into the other machine and the same thing it will not fire up. This leads me to think I have a bad or week fuel pump. Does anyone have the part number for a replacement one?

When you replaced the internal filters did you make sure everything went back together exactly the way it came apart. There is a couple washers on the bottom of the can that can get left out.

I have a 2001 GTX RFI I am replacing the filters on. I'm considering replacing the pump while I am in there. What pump are you guys using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back