2000 GTX DI will not start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,
My son has a 2000 Seadoo GTX DI Millennium Edition that we cannot get to start.
We are getting a good spark and appear to be getting fuel in the cylinders.
The engine was rebuilt last year and most of the engine components were replaced.
Pistons, gaskets, seals, fuel pump, air pump, air injectors, etc.

We sprayed a small amount of starting fluid into each air intake and when we cranked it was like we did nothing.

Does anyone have any idea what we may have missed and could point us in a direction to look.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide,
Mike

I’m having similar issue. Except the ski ran great couple days ago took it out today ran great was going across the lake and it’s like I hit the kill switch (but I didn’t) and now it just turns over. Damn skis lol.

Hello All,
My son has a 2000 Seadoo GTX DI Millennium Edition that we cannot get to start.
We are getting a good spark and appear to be getting fuel in the cylinders.
The engine was rebuilt last year and most of the engine components were replaced.
Pistons, gaskets, seals, fuel pump, air pump, air injectors, etc.

We sprayed a small amount of starting fluid into each air intake and when we cranked it was like we did nothing.

Does anyone have any idea what we may have missed and could point us in a direction to look.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide,
Mike
You have any maint lights?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone.
Was away for the weekend and just got back.

The ski ran last year after we rebuilt the engine until my son tried to use it without putting in the drain plug.
Was able to get it running again last year after drying it out but only on a hose, never water tested it.
Last year it would occasionally go into "maintenance mode" but thought that it was from lack of use.

Checked all of the plugs and everything seems to be connected but we will check the trigger.
Would think with having both a good spark and fuel in the cylinders that it would do something.

Strange situation, but like you said, damn skis have a mind of their own sometimes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back