2000 GTX DI Maintenance Light 4000rpm max...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

can128

I have a 2000 GTX DI with 239hrs, had a full once over done 4 weeks ago (wear ring replaced, compression tested at 135psi per cylinder, replaced plugs), and it was running beautifully for the long weekend 3 weeks ago. Have had it sitting on my driveway since, went to start it today to begin winterizing it and it started normally but one loud beep sounded, MAINT came on info screen and it won't rev above 4,300 (roughly). Sounds like limp mode but I am wondering what the most common causes can be?

I did plenty of searching and went through the shop manual to check for probably causes, but I am wondering if anyone has had the same problem and what the most common causes are.

Thanks

A low voltage problem caused from a faulty rectifier is one of the most common problems with DI skis and it will cause the "Maint" message to appear.

Could charging the battery possibly rectify the problem? The machine has been sitting for 3 weeks in temperatures reaching as low as 3 degrees celcius as of recently.

Could charging the battery possibly rectify the problem? The machine has been sitting for 3 weeks in temperatures reaching as low as 3 degrees celcius as of recently.

Anytime you are dealing with a voltage issue the battery must be the first thing considered. You should have your battery connected to a float mode maintainer anytime your ski is parked. Especially through the off season. It will maintain your battery at full charge. Be sure to check and maintain the water level on occasion. Never ever jump start your ski it can damage the MPEM. If your battery is in good working order and you still have low voltage issues you most likely need to replace the rectifier.

If he has a charging problem wouldn't you get a "12V low" message instead of the "Maint" message. If there is a voltage problem on my RFI & DI I've always had the "12V Low" message.

I went home last night, started her up and noticed right away that it had more start-up juice than yesterday, and sure enough, no MAINT on info screen, no MAINT light, no loud beep, and revving to max rpm. I think if the battery is even a little weak it could trip a code and send it in to limp mode - that's what it seems like anyway.

If he has a charging problem wouldn't you get a "12V low" message instead of the "Maint" message. If there is a voltage problem on my RFI & DI I've always had the "12V Low" message.

Not always. There was a thread posted last week about a DI ski with the maint message after cleaning the rave valves. He took it to the dealer to have it scanned. Found low voltage from bad rectifier.

I've been trying to trip the code ever since I first saw it last year, but even since I've been keeping the battery on a trickle charger, I haven't been able to get the MAINT on my display... How common is it for the DI to go in to limp mode, then take itself out of it and never see it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back