1999 Seadoo Sportster 1800 top speed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnhart501

I have a 1999 Seadoo Sportster 1800 with twin 717's. I've had other Seadoo's before, but this boat is new to me this year, and I'm trying to make sure it's running like it should. What are other's getting for top speed out of these? I had it out last night and hit 42mph by myself on a glassy river. Is that reasonable or should I be cranking out a higher speed? I suspect I have a bit of cavitation going on, but I can't tell if my performance is way down without knowing a benchmark of where I should be at. Thanks

I have a 1999 Seadoo Sportster 1800 with twin 717's. I've had other Seadoo's before, but this boat is new to me this year, and I'm trying to make sure it's running like it should. What are other's getting for top speed out of these? I had it out last night and hit 42mph by myself on a glassy river. Is that reasonable or should I be cranking out a higher speed? I suspect I have a bit of cavitation going on, but I can't tell if my performance is way down without knowing a benchmark of where I should be at. Thanks
I have a 99 speedster s/k and I have the same motors as the 1800. On glassy water you should be getting at least 50 or higher by yourself. I can get mine to 45-50 on Lake Erie with 3 people in it. By myself on glassy water I’ve had it up to almost 60.

I get 42mph solo with Bimini top up, 135psi both cylinders both engines 6800rpm. . Same boat. I am running premix and am waiting on new bigger jets. That should increase fuel delivery and hopefully rpms and maybe speed my a mph or two.

Attachments

• IMG_6285.jpg
    IMG_6285.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back