1999 GTX LTD

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bbiscuit

What am I missing? I have a GTX that we just purchased. Test drove we’ll, launched it to take to dock, ran well first half then wouldn’t go past idle. I’ve researched all the ethanol damage posts. I’ve replaced all of the gray lines, pulled and cleaned the carbs with rebuild kit. It still won’t fire. It does if you drop fuel in the cylinders through plug holes but nothing is running through the carbs. Does the system have to be primed? I’ve read that the accerator pump does that. HELP

Pulse line connected? Connect a short piece of fuel line to the carb and try to draw out of another fuel source. This will tell you where the problem is… In the carburetors or in the fuel delivery system. (Fuel valve, hoses, vents, sending unit) Did you install new needles and seats and check pop off?

The pulse line is connected, yes. Due to not being very familiar with a pulse line and accelerator pump I was wary of getting I too deep with the carb. The main goal was the gray lines and filters in the carbs. I’m learning more as I go thanks to forums and helpful folks like yourself. I will try pulling fuel from an alternate source and see what I find.

Carb rebuild thread sticky….2stroke pwc section
You have to do it all and get it all correct, otherwise they will never be right. also you have to use genuine Mikuni parts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back