1999 GTS starting trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

n_fabrizio22

Hello, I have a 1999 sea doo GTS I bought that needed a new MPEM. I replaced it with an aftermarket one from jetskiparts.com. I have also replaces all other electronics including coil pack, starter solenoid, voltage regulator and starter. It wants to turn over but the starter seems slow like a dead battery. I have been reading about the crankcase hydrolocking from oil, So I disconnected the oil hoses and let it drain. But I also read that if that happens there should be oil spitting out of the spark plug hole which it isn't. I even jump the starter with cables and it still seems to turn slow with the plugs out, and wont turn at all with the plugs in. Not sure what is left to do besides take it too a shop and pay the price. please help.

Bad starter maybe? I had to replace one on a 4-Tec because it sounded like the battery was dying every time I started it.

1. If there is no oil in the plug holes then it isn't flooding with oil.
2. Make sure you can turn the engine over easily by hand.
3. Connect a known good battery directly to the starter with jumper cables. (Be careful you don't weld the cables to the starter or damage the threads)

The most common cause of your issues is a bad battery from there bad starter and last is typically the cables.

1. If there is no oil in the plug holes then it isn't flooding with oil.
2. Make sure you can turn the engine over easily by hand.
3. Connect a known good battery directly to the starter with jumper cables. (Be careful you don't weld the cables to the starter or damage the threads)

The most common cause of your issues is a bad battery from there bad starter and last is typically the cables.
i put it up to my one year old car battery (not running) and it still did the same thing. I also have a new starter.

The MPEM has nothing to do with it.
He was just giving you the contact information for Nick and Jess at Westside Powersports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back