1999 GTI wont go faster than 25 mph

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

john15seadoo

Had my ski out on the water today to test it out, however it would not go over 25 mph. There is no tach on the ski, so I am not able to share that info, but the compression was checked again and it read about 130-135. Any idea what the issue could be?

Hmmm......well I would usually default to say....work on the carb...you should have a single Mikuni BN-40i with fuel accelerator pump. But you say the RPM's did not sound too high......so the engine is not racing away but you can't get any speed....the compression is on the low side but not outside of still workable.......

Have you ever pulled the jet pump and checked the wear ring then? The gap between the impeller and the wear ring is miniscule = 1mm, so as the ring wears away and the gap gets wider...you start to lose the speed.

I'm guessing here.....as you don't make it sound like a mechanical or electrical problem....could be a physical issue (wear ring) - maybe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back