1998 speedster cracked resonator

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rusty nail

I just purchased a 1998 speedster with twin 800s and both resonators are cracked badly on the port side. Is there a "plastic welding" technique that can repair this? What kind of plastic is it? Or are there other solutions. I have seen a thread where the resonators are eliminated but there may be a risk affecting the tuning and therefore potential ruining the engine. comments?

You can use the existing rubber hose with out having to modify any of the pieces and you can eliminate them. You have to swap some hose around. They're only there to quite the boat down, no effect on timing out performance.

Thanks for your reply. Are there any concerns about water getting to the engine? When it sits tied up at the dock?

Just make sure you're not taking on any water. The exhaust outlet rubber gasket are very probe to dry rot. I can almost guarantee yours are unless they were just replaced. Next place is the bilge drain line, it's white, they tend to crack between the corrugations and when sitting the water will push back in a little and drip. Also under the PTO cover is the carbon seal on the drive shaft. Check that to make sure it's not leaking water. But, check those exhaust seals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back