1998 seadoo sportster 1800 bimini top scratching fix

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jutman18

Hi I have a 1998 seadoo Sportster 1800 with a Bimini top. The problem I’m having is when I lay it all the way down. Like wile riding or transporting. The arms leave scratches on the hull on both sides. Has anyone found a way to fix this?
Thanks Jutman

I used to put down pieces of hydroturf, on the places where it rubs. Just cut it out to an attractive/inconspicuous shape and stick over the scratches. You can buy it by the sheet from places, including ebay.

We use Hydro Turf scraps for so many things anymore :D

Thanks IDoSeaDoo and hfgreg. That’s what I was thinking about doing. Just haven’t gotten around to buying the Hydro Turf kit lol. I was also thinking about making some type of short rod. Kinda like the one used when the top is fully up. But just short enough to keep it off the side and back. If decide to make it I might post it.
Thanks again!!

Hi all, I just installed a bimini top on my new to me Challenger 1800. I'm thinking about using some velcro strips to hold the back support rod against the other rods when I lay the top back. Will try placing it where the rod comes in contact with the boat or just to the side of the other rods. I have some of the velcro strips you use to tie your stereo or video cables together with that might work. Will let you know how that works out. Good luck..

[
Hi all, I just installed a bimini top on my new to me Challenger 1800. I'm thinking about using some velcro strips to hold the back support rod against the other rods when I lay the top back. Will try placing it where the rod comes in contact with the boat or just to the side of the other rods. I have some of the velcro strips you use to tie your stereo or video cables together with that might work. Will let you know how that works out. Good luck..
I was looking to get a Bimini top and saw your post, what size did you get?

Hi hivoltage98, I purchased the 3 Bow 6'L x 46"H x 79"-84"W with the straight pole in the back so you can put the top up with the cover on it so it is out of the way of the storage area. Then when you get to the cove you can open up the top for shade. It's tall enough that you can stand up and move around without being hunched over...I'm 6' tall so works for me... Good luck and happy boating..

The OEM bimini should have rubber bumpers that conform to the sides of the boat. It works great if you can find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back