1998 Seadoo speedster two batteries?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gropp

Hi all,

Just inherited a 1998 Seadoo speedster and was wondering about the battery setup. Is it possible to add a second battery (port side) in parallel with the existing battery on the starboard side? I keep all common boat leads on the first battery and move the boat positive lead over to the new battery. This should keep total system volts at 12 while doubling the amps. Any issues with this approach?

Thanks!

I've been wanting to do the same thing except, for the use of running off the other battery for radio use so I'm not draining the main battery. I'm just curious as to how to run the rectifier in order to charge the spare battery when I'm driving the boat. I just want to use a 3 way switch (main battery, neutral, then spare battery). Let me know what you come up with if you're successful with this.

I am close to finishing it up and will try it out in the water this weekend. I ended up adding a battery pan to the port side (liquid nails) and locating the second battery there. I did have to move the electrical box contains the spark plug leads temporarily while doing the install.

Connected batteries via ground and ran a positive cable from port battery up to a new multi position Perko switch on the Starboard side.

Should be able to run either battery independently or run both in parallel. If running only one battery, that battery will be charging. If running both at the same time, both should be charging.

I am close to finishing it up and will try it out in the water this weekend. I ended up adding a battery pan to the port side (liquid nails) and locating the second battery there. I did have to move the electrical box contains the spark plug leads temporarily while doing the install.

Connected batteries via ground and ran a positive cable from port battery up to a new multi position Perko switch on the Starboard side.

Should be able to run either battery independently or run both in parallel. If running only one battery, that battery will be charging. If running both at the same time, both should be charging.
Can you post a pic of the battery set up and switch please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back