1998 seadoo gs 720 mpem options

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

daredevil95

Hi, I'm in a hunting a gremlin situation with my 1998 GS 720. I think I narrowed it down the to the regulator, I'm waiting for this part to be delivered tomoorow(hopefully). Local seadoo dealer said the part has been discontinued and he can't get it so, ordered it off Amazon. Anyways, just in case the the regulator is not the problem I'm thinking there may be an issue with the MPEM? I haven't figured out how to test it...yet? So, just in case I have to order a MPEM, I found this on on ebay. There are far less expensive units for sale but, I like the fact that it doesn't use a DESS key or I should say, it doesn't have to be programmed. Anyone know if this is a decent product or should I try for a used OEM unit? That is, if need be?

SEADOO MPEM 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 717 720 GS GTI GTE 278000916 278001496 | eBay

I'm assuming that you're having a charging problem with your GS? Good luck with the aftermarket reg/rectifier. I tried one and my Seadoo would not even respond to the start button. I thought I had caused another issue by cleaning and checking the ignition box in addition to changing the rectifier. I put the old one back on and everything functioned again. I returned that rectifier.

Not sure on MPEM testing, hopefully someone more experienced will chime in.

There have been plenty of the aftermarket mpem’s being dead on arrival.

That’s the thing with these stupid cheap Chinese electronic parts, they don’t meet any specs or tolerances. But people keep buying them and with the OEM ones being expensive or obsolete I can’t blame them.

There have been plenty of the aftermarket mpem’s being dead on arrival.

That’s the thing with these stupid cheap Chinese electronic parts, they don’t meet any specs or tolerances. But people keep buying them and with the OEM ones being expensive or obsolete I can’t blame them.
yep, I agree.....also, my regulator comes in today so, I hope that's the issue. if not, the struggle continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back