1998 Sea Doo Sportster Jet Boat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

resqdiver

I'm new to the sport of watercraft so looking for some advice. I'm looking at a 1998 Sea Doo Sportster Jet Boat with a single 85 Hp Rotex Motor. My question is power. Is this engine capable of pulling a tuber or 2? I'm not looking for flat out speed just looking to have some fun on the water with the family.

No problem

I'm sure that you woud have no problem getting out and having some fun on a tube, I have a friend that pulls his kids on his jet ski, I think it puts out similar horsepower. I know that depending on the weight in the boat and the weight of the people your pulling, you might have a slow start getting up to speed, but once you get going you should do fine. A couple kids on a tube should be no problem.

scrump

Welcome to the seadoo forum resqdiver. Yes that jet boat will pull a tuber or 2 without any problems. The idea of a tube is it stays on top of the water and only needs to be pulled at speeds at about 20 mph. Faster than that and the tube will get airborne on the corners. For the tow line you shouldn't need any more than about 75 feet. I have a line I use that's only about 50 feet long so the tube is just out of the wake of the engines on my new 200Speedster and my 1997 Challenger, with a 110 HP.

Karl

I know your gonna love your jet boat I bought my challenager last sept...I love it so much I just bought a new 200 speedster with 310 HP with twin 4-Tec Engines...I does close to 60!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back