RESTO 1998 Sea-Doo exhaust pipe.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The manual shows the top fitting going to the top of the pipe.

The fitting on the side of the pipe should go to the bottom of the regulator.

Thanks. Currently the the L fitting on the top of the pipe. Is routed to the bottom of the regulator. And the lower is goin to the back of the ski. As the pisser I’m assuming. Which is wrong?

So yes. the pisser is not part of this. The pisser comes out near the pipe to headpipe joint "Cooling System Indicator CSI".
1998 SeaDoo GTX RFI Service_Shop Manual Supplement.jpg

The hose to the top of the pipe where it shows #3 "water injection hose" should go to the top fitting on the valve.

The hose #1 on the side of the pipe "Regulator valve water supply hose" goes to the bottom fitting on the valve.

Last edited:
The diagram you attached doesn’t match at all. I have T fitting that goes to goes to the head of motor to the bottom of the regulator, then to the back of ski, where should the top fitting of the regulator be routed too?

If the lower one is going to the back of the ski your regulator and pipe aren't getting any water at all and is why everything is melting.

This is for the 1999 GTX 951 Limited
1999 SeaDoo GS,GSX,GTI,GTS,GTX,SPX,XP Shop_Service Manual.jpg
On this one the one from the head would go to the bottom of the valve and the top of the valve would go into the side of the pipe.

That’s what it looks like! When I sent it to this so called jetski mechanic. It was that way. Now it’s not. I didn’t run the ski at all since I got it back. Once the new regulator shows up I’ll redo the hose routing and see what happens. Any reason he would do that?

That’s what it looks like! When I sent it to this so called jetski mechanic. It was that way. Now it’s not. I didn’t run the ski at all since I got it back. Once the new regulator shows up I’ll redo the hose routing and see what happens. Any reason he would do that?

Because he was a "professional mechanic", LOL. Just put it the way it was and the way the manual shows.

You should have a manual for this. Or look up the parts on any dealers online microfiche under "cooling system" The top line on the water regulator should go to the fitting below the top one closest to it.

Parts came, it was rainy today. So got the new regulator. Rerouted the top hose on the regulator to the lower tune pipe fitting. Then ran the hose from the top of the tune pipe to rear of the ski. I tied the ski down to the trailer, backed in the water. Started it and pulled the hose goin to the lower fitting on the tune pipe. At idle it had water coming out. So I’m hoping this issue is fixed.

I noticed when I pulled the hose off the tune pipe the fitting on the tune pipe had pressure coming out. I assume that normal

No it shouldn't sounds like you might have a blockage still. THere should be no pressure in the system with the ski off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back