1998 Sea Doo Carburetor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentaxes

Hi i am looking to get new carbs for my engine BN 40-38-30 and BN 40-38-29.

However the only carbs available are BN 40I-38-27 and BN 40I - 38-26. What's the difference between bn40-38-30 bn40-38-27 carburetors
and can they fit?

For Seadoo Speedster 1998 twin 787

Okay...why would you need new carbs?,,,I have never had to replace a pwc carb..small engine carbs for sure.,,

The engine is stalling out while idling. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, and spark plugs.
I sprayed carb cleaner and ran it at full throttle same result.

You need to rebuild the carbs with new genuine Mikuni parts and new needles and seats following the carb rebuild thread sticky.

Just replacing the fuel pump won’t fix dirty carbs.

You need to rebuild the carbs with new genuine Mikuni parts and new needles and seats following the carb rebuild thread sticky.

Just replacing the fuel pump won’t fix dirty carbs.
I prefer to buy two carbs but having troubles finding the replacements

Received the carburetors from OSD, however the old carburetor did not have pulse fitting only on the fuel pump. Could I bypass the fuel pump and attached the hose from the fuel filter directly to the carburetor and carburetor pulse hose to the engine?

What modification is needed? I have a 1998 sea doo speedster jet boat and the old carburetor does not have pulse line fitting only on the fuel pump. Original Carburetor Part number 270500385 and 270500386.

Last edited:
Please post some pictures.

If you have a boat with the external fuel pump then just use the old blockoff plate from your old carb on the new carb and remove the integrated fuel pump from the new carb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back