1997 Speedster help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

spazn722

So I decided to buy my first boat. It's a 1997 Speedster. It was in rough shape from being stored outside but both engines had been replaced which is one of the reason I went for it. When I was starting to clean everything out I realized on of the panels didn't line up. I took off the vinyl trim under the steering wheel and this is what I found.
There were a mix of rivets and bolts. I took everything out but wasn't sure what it was supposed to look like.

Recently a guy is parting out his challenger and I was able to buy a few things off of him, and he showed me what his panel looked like. (second picture). I know it is a challenger and a little different but his has no marking or rivets. It actually looks like it is connected with rivets or plastic pieces from the inside.

So the questions are:
1. what is it supposed to look like. Can I just add rivets and washer and then cover it up with a new trim piece?
2. Do I need to fix the fiberglass and cover up everything like the challenger piece?
3. I can't seem to line up the piece correctly (there is a pretty big gap towards the throttle control. Is there something I need to take apart somewhere else??

Any advice would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_3957.JPG
    IMG_3957.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3958.JPG
    IMG_3958.JPG
    262.7 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back