1997 SeaDoo XP - Coil Wiring (Need Pics)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hondo

Hey guys!!! I had to kindof repo my '97 XP back after a guy didn't pay for it - he said he couldn't get it started so he went to tearing into it (it was running last time I rode it). Long story short... there was no coil in the electrical box and I noticed a couple of wires "wire-nutted" together like house wiring when I looked inside the box - and I'm absolutely POSITIVE that wasn't my doing.

Anyway, I have another coil, and I'm sure once all the wiring is hooked back up correctly I can trace down either a corroded wire or bad ground somewhere to resolve why it wouldn't start for him, but if anyone has one handy, I could use a photo of another coil/ignition box to show me where these loose wires connect properly since I'm not sure exactly what to do with the loose black wires & the white wires... looks like two of them hook up to the pos/neg spade connectors on the coil, and I'm pretty sure the black wires with the "eyelet" go on one of the bolts that hold coil to the box, but a pic or wiring diagram would make me alot more sure!!!

Here's what's loose:
* 1 white wire with spade that probably goes to + on coil. (???)
* 1 black wire with eyelet on one end and spade that probably goes to - on coil. (???)
* 1 black wire with eyelet on one end and is now "wire-nutted" to a white wire connecting to spade terminal on starter sylinoid. If this is routed correct, I will re-soulder & fabricate a new wire to replace this one.
* 2 other black wires with eyelets. (no idea where they go)

Any help/pics/guidance would be great! Just don't wana fry anything that's not toast already!

Thanks!

H

Correction - the 2 other black wires (where I had no idea) - go into a square plug at end of box and don't appear to have been tampered with.

Welcome to the forum. Try posting your question in the 2-stroke PWC section of the forum. The guys in the know will probably check it out and have ideas for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back