1997 gti No idle and only runs of throttle applied

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I rebuilt the carb on my ski following the carb rebuild thread and i took it out to the lake for a water test. It only starts if I apply throttle while pressing the start button, and will immediately die if I let off the throttle all the way at any speed. It started immediately with no hesitation before. It runs 1000% smoother at full throttle than before the rebuild, but it also seems like I’m missing top end speed. I think I may have messed up putting back in the low and high speed screws but I don’t know. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Check idle screw setting
check throttle.cable…little slack and WOT
if carb is right hi and low screw settings should work if set to spec
1 1/4 low 0 high plus or minus…go by published spec

Check idle screw setting
check throttle.cable…little slack and WOT
if carb is right hi and low screw settings should work if set to spec
1 1/4 low 0 high plus or minus…go by published spec
Okay I got back out on the lake to do alright test.. i tightened the low speed screw and turned it back out 1 1/4 turns and then tightened the hi speed screw all the way in.. now it won’t start at all if I give it any throttle or choke. Is it maybe the seat and needle? Should I open the carb up again and do a once over and put the new one in? Because I didn’t put the new one in wheh I rebuilt it the first time since the springs and needle and seat seemed fine.

I also had those same issues with my 97gti spent the 50 on carb rebuild kit and gave it an extra half turn of idle when finished, slapped it in the water and she runs like the wind blows....I'm not happy with the top speed so looking into a newer impeller that has less cavitation especially on launch

Back