1997 gsx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckaroo28

Do yall think its cheaper to rebuild a moter are just to buy a new one i seent top end kits for like 235 i already purchased a crank for 325 just curious on opinions??

If you already have a crank, it’s much less expensive to rebuild yourself. Another positive of doing the work yourself is a shorter wait time to get back on the water! With the exception of SBT, most of the engine rebuilders have a bit of a wait before you’ll get the motor back. You’ll lose at least part of the season if you’ve got to send the motor in for a rebuild.

Do yall think its cheaper to rebuild a moter are just to buy a new one i seent top end kits for like 235 i already purchased a crank for 325 just curious on opinions??

If you can find a top end kit with the cylinders already done and included, I'd jump on it. Since you already have the crank you're halfway there, just assemble yourself. If you need a full rebuild or even a top end kit with your cylinders bored you'll be waiting a long time on a turn around.

If you can find a top end kit with the cylinders already done and included, I'd jump on it. Since you already have the crank you're halfway there, just assemble yourself. If you need a full rebuild or even a top end kit with your cylinders bored you'll be waiting a long time on a turn around.
Do you know where I can find a top end kit this cylinders already bored and ready to go?

I've seen them listed on ebay.....some include a core swap of you sending your old cylinders back.
Okay, I was about to just get a whole new moter from sbt ,and keep the old one to put in a xp are something...

What about sbt they would have rebuild kits already to go??

Okay, I was about to just get a whole new moter from sbt ,and keep the old one to put in a xp are something...

What about sbt they would have rebuild kits already to go??

If you want a whole motor, you can purchase it it from SBT, they send it, then you send the old core one back. But first...they'll want to talk with you about shipping cost on the phone once you do the purchase. Depending where you live it can vary widely.

You can get cylinders already bored and ready to go from SBT.
With the complete SBT engine you get a warranty and the only difference between the standard and premium is the warranty.

SBT is just a standard mass produced rebuild, not a performance engine or anything special.

SBT has a cylinder exchange program, and they’re still shipping right now. I just ordered a flywheel puller from them that shipped yesterday...

Keep in mind that the quality of parts on the SBT stuff isn’t exactly top of the line. In my opinion, they’re fine for a recreational machine, but if you’re looking to build a hardcore ski, you’re going to be better served with real performance parts.

I just got off the phone with sbt they want 475 for rebuild kit like I said I already have the crank I could've got a whole new motor for that..I'm thinking on buying a whole new and selling the crank I got and the old moter somewhere else what do you think
You can get cylinders already bored and ready to go from SBT.
With the complete SBT engine you get a warranty and the only difference between the standard and premium is the warranty.

SBT is just a standard mass produced rebuild, not a performance engine or anything special.

It depends on what you want to do with the ski. If it’s just a rec ski, I really don’t have any problem with SBT’s motors. Just know that you’re getting a plain-Jane rebuild and not a performance motor. Also keep in mind that if you change your mind later and decide to go the performance route, many other builders won’t accept SBT cores...

I have also seen some SBT engines come with less than perfect compression.
They are the fastest way to get an engine and a warranty if you want to get back on the water fast with little headache.

Also make sure you service the carbs and entire fuel system before starting an new engine and only OEm parts, not SBT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back