1997 GSX no start !!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomb58

Well The seadoo's have been sitting most of the year, I went through the process of storing for the winter. Every summer it seems like I have to buy new batteries $65 to $95. I bought a couple of small trickle chargers that a tech had mentioned. Keep them plugged in all winter to keep the charge up! tryed to start no luck. Brought it down to have it tested NO GOOD!! there goes another battery, whats up ??? I had to purchase another battery. Put in my 96 GSX getting a clicking from the solenoid box, other post said its the starter relay. have one on order. As for my 97 GSX when I hit the start button I get absolutly nothing ! no click ,not even the two beeps when inserting the safety lanyard.

Batteries

Batteries are not our friends in Watercraft. Boats, or Jet Skis, I haven't had any luck like yourself. I have to but batteries every year. I've heard of a different type of battery and I believe there's a recent thread avout this battery I speak of.

As for the GSX, nice choice! I have a 97 also. I also have battery issues. Check the battery and replace it if necessary.:cheers:

Batteries won't last long if you don't charge them regularly. I put mine on the trickle charger after every use and I'm on year 3 with it. Other possibilities could be that the batteries you have been using are not maintenance free, i.e. they need distilled water added periodically, or you have an issue in your wiring that is causing a power drain. Check your battery connections and the engine ground for corrosion. It could just be that you are buying low quality batteries. Sometimes they are bad right out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back