1997 Gsx Help Me

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

UseaIdoo

OK I dont know where to start so let me describe the weekend...

Just bought the ski and first time out at the lake it ran fine. The following weekend took it out again and first day was a blast. tied it up by the dock and left it. Next morning would not start. It cranked and cranked but would not start. I looked inside and had more water in it than I thought was normal. (my buddy has a 96 gsx and his was dry in comparrison.) I took it to a shore station emptied the plugs and it started right up. I used it for a while and let it sit for about an hour and it wouldnt start again. Once again i lifted it and emptied plugs and it started. end of the day it got flipped when two people were getting off in shallow water and the rolled it counter clock wise.... oops. Wont start again so i lift it and empty it and this time it wont start unless its out of the water. The moment it touches the water it turns off. i put it back in the water and roll it clockwise and it starts up again. But from here on out it was hell trying to get it to start in or out of the water. I have no idea. Also when you can get it to run (extremely hard) it bogs down and you get no power and it eventually dies

1. seems to be taking more water than normal, but have no idea where from the plugs are good with new o rings.

2. battery died from all the cranking and when it did get charged and ran it seemed to not charge the battery.

3. Seems to not want to run when the jet pump touches water.

4. If you can get it to run it loses power and eventually dies 2-5 min

Please help me!

my seadoo is having the same problem. it runs fine on dry land and when i put in the water it will not even try to start.

UseaIdoo, where are you located? I'll look at some of my trouble shooting manuals and see what I can find, but it might be worth a $70 inspection fee to take it to a shop and get it properly looked at.

I'll see what I can find though

Check the ignition box by the battery. The 1996 GSX I've been working on had flooded at some point and water infiltrated the box containing the ignition coil and starter relay.

Dried it out and cleaned up the terminals and got it running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back