1997 Challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wanting to get my hands on a Seadoo boat for awhile. When I saw one pop up for $300 bucks online I had to jump on it. Obviously for $300 it needs some work. There is absolutely no upholstery left, not even the foam. First though I need to tackle the electrical system. The MPEM is supposed to be bad and the previous owner was going to modify it and never got around to it. The result of course is I have an electrical box that's in pieces and I'm probably missing a few of those. Are the used electrical boxes a good deal if I'm probably going to have to get some parts anyway? Is this MSD modification the previous owner was going to do a legit solution? Any tips to help get started would be appreciated. Thanks.

I wouldn't mess with trying the MSD.
The boat MPEM's can be crazy expensive if you can even find one.

I would contact Westside Powersports Seadoo as Nick does OEM conversions and has everything you need.

So far I've been able to figure most of it out. BRP sent me some documentation including wiring diagrams and a chart of what wire colors are for what. The MSD directions are for a ski not a boat so the wiring doesn't match up. If anyone has a guide I would appreciate the help just to be sure.
691e3595e561690743e827cbefd114ab.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back