1997/1998 sportster electrical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone I have just purchased my first seadoo boat and it is in need of some repair. I’m having some electrical issues. My MPEM keeps blowing the 5 amp fuse. From what I have found on here that looks like it’s fried so I have a new one on the way. In the meantime I want to clean up the wiring in the electrical box. It has been cut and spliced and is somewhat confusing. I have traced most wires back but there are a few I am unsure of. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the inside of the box above the motor? I tried using one for a jet ski but isn’t quite the same. It’s a 717 single engine. Thanks.

Any help?!?! Here is a photo of my electrical box that has been hacked. I’m mostly curious about my 4 purple wires that are tied together. If that’s right or not?

Attachments

• 1BDAEF0D-9674-4135-8ABC-2C0B5577674D.jpeg
    1BDAEF0D-9674-4135-8ABC-2C0B5577674D.jpeg
    263.8 KB · Views: 20
If you could direct me to this that would be great. I have been searching for one and have had no luck finding it. Not for the boats at least. Only the jet skis.

I did manage to get it running. But I have 4 or 5 wires not hooked up. And don’t know what they are or if they are important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back