1996 xp rave valves

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

shattered00

Likely a dumb question, but could not find the question asked. When I had my two 787 engines rebuilt, I sent the valves (blades) with each engine. I have lost one pair that go to the engine which is in the ski that is almost done.

Are these rave valves able to be swapped or did I royally mess up?

They can be swapped. But the valves need to have the correct clearance(trimmed back). Otherwise the rings will catch on the valve that is sticking out too far in to the bore and destroy the top end.

Thank you for the response albeit very depressing information. Is there anyone in the Dallas Fort Worth Area that sells rave valves and could trim them to my engine which is already fully installed (would prefer to save my current pair for the other engine since I know they are already trimmed for it)? I have not attempted to start the ski yet so I am not sure if it would need to be cranked for someone to do this. I have poured so much time and funds into these skis and do not wish to be defeated at this point. Any reference is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

OSDparts is located in Manafort, Ohio and shipping is normally pretty quick at 2-3 days for Delivery to your door.

Thank you for the info, but I FOUND THE RAVESSSSSSSSSSSSS. Numerous hours searching one last time before I bought the new ones and tried to figure out who could trim them and I came across a box with some other forgotten stuff that I would have been looking for when I started on the third ski. I am beyond ecstatic as this weekend riding is still a possibility. I just need to get the break in 10 hours on this bad boy so that it will be near instantly ready to roll next summer. Thanks again.

IMG_2729.JPG

I have photographs of my rave valves but not with the black cover off. I cannot recall which way the "base" fits since it has a cutout in it. One guide says the "beveled" side goes towards the cylinder. Is the beveled side the one with the cutout in the first photograph and is that the correct orientation? I have the blade itself with the "top" stamp facing the cylinder so this picture below would be the correct orientation? Thank you again.

IMG_2764.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back