Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a 1996 XP that I just rebuilt the Carbs on, I took everything apart and I put everything back the way it was but with everything new that was in the kit. It won’t start now, it wants to fire up but then shuts off right away and I also put in brand new fuel lines (got rid of the grey lines) it’s a duel carb type 787 engine, I removed the fuel line that goes to both carbs to see if any gas is coming out, it sounded like there was air trapped and gas started flowing out, I don’t know what to do. I’m stuck here because gas should be going through the carbs but it’s not. I even put starting fluid into the air box to help it fire up but it just dies right away and I keep killing my battery after I’m trying to hold the start button 10-15 seconds everytime I try to start it. HELP PLEASE. Also does it matter which direction the Carburetor Float Valve needle sits ? Like which face goes to the back or to the front where it’s being held by the arm that’s on the spring? Another thing I might think it may be, would be something wrong with the fuel pump???

What i have done to my 2001 Seadoo GTS and i have a 95 XP as well.. is I took off the fuel lines that is suppose to give fuel to the carbs.. I would take an electric leaf blower and pressurize the tank haha. Some would consider it dangerous but eeeehhhhhh when desperate times call for desperate measures.. gotta do what you gotta do LOL. It worked for me. If your ski has a fuel filter check that. It should be full of fuel after pressurizing the tank. Make sure you disconnect the lines from the carb before doing the above. Put the lines in an empty water bottle so once you purge the lines of the air, fuel should be filling the water bottle up. Once you turn the engine over it should start right up assuming other factors are good. If you do not do the above try holding the choke open as you are trying to start the engine.. but first open up the front hatch, locate and watch the fuel filter to see if fuel is dribbling into it. If that's happening that's what we want. If your not.. you need to get the air out of the lines. Getting some type of suction tool to draw the fuel through the lines would be good too. Also, make sure your fuel filter gasket (if you have one that can be removed) is in great condition. if not, it will suck air and well be hard to start. I went ahead and replace the whole fuel filter bowl and gasket on my GTS and works like a charm now. Just an idea for you :)

One more idea, you could take a air compressor hose and put it in the gas cap and plug the rest of the hole with a ballon to keep air from coming out and that should also purge the lines. remember to take the lines off before doing this. Place the lines that you took off into an empty water bottle so it will catch the fuel. Hope this helps!!

First let’s isolate the problem. Take a piece of fuel line and run it directly from the reserve nipple on the fuel baffle to the carb. Try to crank it up and see if it will fire. If it does, you know your pulse line and fuel pump are good and you’ve got a supply problem. If it doesn’t fire, you’re either not getting a pulse signal, or the fuel pump is not sealing correctly. Post the results when you get it bypasses and we can point you towards the fix from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back