1996 won't rev over 1/4 throttle in water. Completely rebuilt. What now?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so the final cause of my problem was the exhaust hose. I replaced it and just came back from the Lake - runs perfect now. I'd really like to thank Matt Braley.. he was bang on in post #2 but I just didn't have the ability to check this at the cottage.

Nice! Glad you found it.

If the hose is that soft then your water regulator has failed. Ride it with the seat off and I'm sure you will see it leaking.

Nice! Glad you found it.

If the hose is that soft then your water regulator has failed. Ride it with the seat off and I'm sure you will see it leaking.

I'm glad you said that. I took off the Water RAVE and the fitting going into the waterbox - sure enough there was a piece of sand blocking the flow. All cleaned and sealed again.

Taking it to the cottage this weekend - let's hope it doesn't blow up !!

It was worth the time you put into the carbs for the gains you made there. Hopefully you have a great runner now.

I would definitely start with the default/stock values. Basically, the high jet should never be messed with. On my ski, after a few months of usage, I felt the need to turn the low speed screw by one extra 1/8 because it felt a bit too lean but it should really be close to default values.

Benji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back