1996 Speedster Conversion back to Oil Injection Issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bledt

I've been trying get off pre-mix and convert back to to the injection system. Replaced all the lines and filters last year. Filled tank, bled lines, ran boat for a bit on hose, then in water (still had pre-mix in it)

Starboard engine - no problem. Oil injection seems to be working fine.

Port engine - Mag line filled, no air bubbles seemed to be present. PTO line constantly had bubbles. Re-bled air, same problem. Pulled plugs and purged with starter, ran on hose, both with pump held at WOT position.

Had another oil pump laying around, but tubing nipples were broken off the banjo fittings. Bench tested this pump, oil pumped out of both sides, seemed OK. Yesterday afternoon, I installed this pump in the boat, using the old Banjo fittings. Bled air pulled plugs, and primed with starter. Seemed to take a while, but the air bubbles on the PTO eventually seemed to stop (MAG line filled no problem).

Started engine....... Air bubbles are back in the PTO line!!!!!!

Only common item is the banjo fitting. Could this be the air source? I see no oil seepage anywhere..... for air to get in , shouldn't oil have to escape???

The check valve in the banjo could have gone bad or be dirty from not being used. Osd has them for pretty cheap

The check valve in the banjo could have gone bad or be dirty from not being used. Osd has them for pretty cheap
Ordered one from OSD this morning!!
(Ended up costing almost $300... decided to go with carrier bearing swap... and minus well as rebuild the pumps while I have them off!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back