1996 seadoo run away idle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skhrris44

I have a 1996 seadoo gtx that i just rebuilt carbs on, genuine parts all that jazz. I have installed and now have a high idle and at times it just runs away. If i pull choke its starts to die then recovers. It seems it will idle around 3500 until i stab the gas, it revs up crisp and will fall a little then steadily climb and climb. It did not do this at all before pulling carbs off and i havent adjusted the idke screw so im not sure whats going on. Any info would be great!!

Last edited:
Dont seem to be, do u just adjust them at the bracket on the carbs??? Also does the spark arrester bulg out outwardor sink inward when installed correctly??

Last edited:
Dont seem to be, do u just adjust them at the bracket on the carbs??? Also does the spark arrester bulg out outwardor sink inward when installed correctly??
I'm betting the throttle cable is a touch too tight and keeping the butterflies open. Loosen it up a bit and see if that helps.

yes - adjusts on the bottom of the carb. Loosen nut on the outside of the carb and then tighten up the inside one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back