1996 seadoo hx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gsus67

Hello there seadoo gearheads. I recently acquired a 96 HX 717 motor stock compression on both cylinders are 145 psi. This bike is awesome
Now come to the questions.
I want to put an open element PROK arrestors.
Do I need to change the jets on the carbs? Can anyone recommend what size needle? Main jet? Pilot jet? Size.
Also I have a ROSSIER intake manifold that will allow me to upgrade to a 44/46 mm mikunis
And I also have a FACTORY PIPES exhaust
Can you give an honest take on this please

Here are the pics of the items
395.jpg
396.jpg

[MENTION=51824]Matt Braley[/MENTION] can work on getting you sorted out. Pleas pay attention to his advice you will melt the pto piston with that pipe. I'm glad you're asking....beforehand.

Hey welcome to the forum and thanks for your interest. Those are good parts you have there but I don't see the outer blue rubber coupler or the support bracket that mounts under flywheel cover bolts in that pipe kit. Hopefully you have those and they just didn't make the pic.

The Rossier manifold is beefy like that because 717's were bad about breaking the intake manifolds and even the cases underneath with aftermarket carbs on them. Just be sure to brace whatever you end up bolting on. The easiest way to carb a 717 with a Factory pipe is to bolt on a good set of 787 carbs. They bolt up to the stock manifold and use the stock airbox.

I have a few good sets of 44's and 46's if you want to go that way please hit me up for pics and prices. They have more performance potential but will require some tuning. The tipsy HX is not the easiest beast to dial in so most folks go for the 787 40 mm stock carb option.

The Factory pipe kit is the best performance mod for the 717. The performance is great but it does run hotter and faster so be sure to use the best fuel you can find. You will also be able to pull an impeller with more pitch.

Thanks for your input Matt. I'm new to this sport. So this why I'm trying to get great advices from the people who's been doing it and have a success.i do have all the components for the FACTORY PIPES. and I do want to use the Rossier intake. Also in the process thinking about deleting the oil pump and go with premix fuel.
Matt if you can somehow give me a good recipe to put this ski together I will highly appreciate it
This is what I have now
Factory pipe
Rossier intake
Seadoo inventioneering aftermarket grate
I will need a 40 mm stock mikunis or 44 mm mikunis with what number jets and needle?
What type of Impeller? What pitch?
Do I need to upgrade to MSD?
So Matt if can show me a pic of the carbs that will apply to my project please let me know the prices
Thank you everyone for your time and efforts.

Here is a set of Mikuni 44's. I would take off the rubber spigot mounts on the bottom and they would bolt right up to your Rossier intake manifold. They have not run in a few years and were last run on a 787 so you would have to go through them. I'd take $200 shipped for these if your interested.

There are many different impeller choices but with the Factory pipe mounted you want one pitched for a 787. You do not need MSD that FPP pipe kit should have the Microtouch rev limiter that controls the water injection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back