RESTO 1996 Seadoo HX for $300 that I got running. What now?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you can add it. Just go to the parts microfiche look at 1997 HX I think it shows the fuel baffle, then just Google the part number and viola you know what it's for. It's either the gtx or gts. I have the gauges in my HX hood, just not wired. The gas would be cool, the vts meh I could care less, I can feel the skis performance when I adjust the trim angle.

Well, after the first tank of gas I would say everything ran alright, hey HX owners, when you're low on fuel and side boarding do you experience some cut-off? I'm just assuming the fuel pickup isn't reaching enough when the ski is on its side. Also doh, ran the ski almost on empty, fuel filter picked up a little bit of junk, probably gonna clean it all out after this weekend. Plugs look spot on, dark brown.

Had a couple top speed wipeouts too yesterday haha, sliding across the water surely wakes you up.. Was also pretty fun being able to outrun some of the newer skis when there was chop in the water. Spent my time on the water jumping other boats wake, horsing around, and the other half just cruising along with our pontoon.

Weird now that it is "done" still got some small things to finish really, also was wondering if there was anymore aggressive intake grates I could put on the ski to help it hook more in turns and when jumping wakes.

well, skis been running strong. Started to notice a rich bog after riding it for a bit, smelt like exhaust fumes, went through the ski to see where it was coming from, well I found out monday. Was on the water pretty much all day, noticed the ski running a bit slower than usual, wanting to stay "popped up" for longer, knew something wasn't ride so i idled it back in to the ramp. Opened the hood to see that it was about almost full with water, noticed the two out of the four bolts on my top part of the pipe going to the exhaust manifold backed out. DOH, forgot to put loctite on them.. well now I need to either find where they ended up or just find some new ones. This most definitely would've caused everything I had noticed, good thing about going through a ski is you know when it isn't acting right. Bless the oem airbox, could've ended a lot worse with the way I ride the HX, I beat on that thing.

The typical cause of the pipe bolts backing out and/or breaking is worn out rubber isolators for the pipe support.

The typical cause of the pipe bolts backing out and/or breaking is worn out rubber isolators for the pipe support.
thing is, I had already replaced those with new bushings, although they looked a bit loose too, probably just on me for not using loctite when reassembling them

Finally dug into it some more a couple weeks ago and the motors loose somehow, don't know how I didn't notice this because I could've sworn I checked that first when trying to figure out what was going on. Problem being, not too sure what my options are, seems that its loose from where the motor mounts to the bedplate, not the actual motor mounts itself.

What are my options are getting to them? So far it looks like I'm just gonna need to pull the pipe, airbox, and unbolt the bedplate to the hull, and then just pull it all out as one? Am I going to need to buy and alignment kit? I know the shims are specific to each mount so I'll be sure to keep all that organized. And then I just tighten those four bolts mounted to the bedplate from the motor? Been needing to replace the yellow driveshaft coupler anyways so would be good to get them both knocked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back