1996 Sea doo xp800

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgaddis

Please help I brought this sea doo xp800 in the fall was told it needed a start button.it needs more. I have no power to anything. No beeps no click or anything.I have installed new start/stop button. Replaced new post for lanyard, checked fuses. Unplugged all connectors and checked for breaks, replaced ground cable. Turned engine over by hand and its fine. Took a screwdriver across solenoid and engine will only try to turn. (Like engine is locked up or battery is dead but it’s new and starts my Polaris ski fine) The only power that I can get is if I hold in on the start/stop button I’m able to move the vts.

Load test the battery. Even though it cranks a Polaris does not mean it will crank Sea-Doo. The MPEM requires a minimum voltage to work.

When you press the start/stop do the gauges come alive?

Check the cables and starter. Do not buy and aftermarket starter.
If the battery is good then jumping the solenoid posts will crank the engine unless the cables or starter are not good.

Load test the battery. Even though it cranks a Polaris does not mean it will crank Sea-Doo. The MPEM requires a minimum voltage to work.

No when I push start/stop the gauges do nothing.

No when I push start/stop the gauges do nothing.
Could my MPEM be bad. When I brought ski guy told me all it needed was start/stop button which the old one was stuck you could not push at all. Before I replaced the switch I checked gas and it was very old so I drained tank and took carbs off and cleaned them. So I know it was setting for a while. I also replaced all fuel lines and new spark plugs.

After going through wiring again I have found a plug that was not making connection. Now light comes on and engine turns over with switch.

Attachments

• 2AE890E5-DC0E-49EE-A5D7-3CC26FD04FB7.jpeg
    2AE890E5-DC0E-49EE-A5D7-3CC26FD04FB7.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 27
Good luck! Let us know.
Ok so I tried to start it. I’m getting no spark to plugs. With lanyard unplugged if I hit the start/stop button lights comes on. After plugging in lanyard when I hit the start/stop engine will turn over. (No beeps while lanyard is plugged in)I checked both plugs no spark. I also used a test light and checked white wire going to coil while trying to start and I’m not getting any power to white wire.

I just did and it didn’t help. With plugs out I may have spark as long as I’m holding start/stop button and engine is turning but if I let off button and try again it may or may not have spark

Are you sure the power wire is on the correct terminal of the starter relay for the mpem.

I’m not sure when I brought the ski during the fall was told just needed a start button. If I send a picture can you tell if it
I’m not sure when I brought the ski during the fall was told just needed a start button. If I send a picture can you tell if it’s right.
I’m going to buy a new battery tomorrow even with the spark issues I noticed when plugs are out engine turns over great when plugs are in motor don’t want to turn. I checked with my meter and I got 12v and while trying to turn engine over with plugs in it drops to 7.5. So I wonder if battery is shot that may be causing my spark issue. Battery is from my Polaris slt750 but I guess it takes more juice for the sea doo

if you are testing at the battery, Yes, it sounds like you're battery is shot. The MPEM needs more voltage than that to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back