1996 Sea-Doo speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsantos79

On July 3rd I dropped my boat in the water after buying it and servicing it . It was docked and drove it a few times with no issues. On July 10th I went to take it for a spin and the motor and the bottom was full of water. Thankfully my neighbor had a pump and pulled to get it out of the water . I’m so confused in 1 day it just filled up with water .. any ideas before i bring it for service ?

Attachments

• IMG_1208.JPG
    IMG_1208.JPG
    268.1 KB · Views: 36
These will leak a little water and if you leave it in the water for days it will fill up and sink.

If it were mine I would have a good battery and charger and automatic bilge pump.

i was told the same thing miki, but ive left my speedster docked overnight/24hrs a few times, and didnt take on an ounce of water, which i was surprised at (no i dont have an auto bildge pump). local PWC guy said i dont have the carbon rings that purposefully leak slightly to keep cool. not sure if hes correct, havent researched that yet.

however, OP, definitely listen to miki on this one, as from what ive read taking on water while docking for extended periods of time is the norm with these.

These will leak a little water and if you leave it in the water for days it will fill up and sink.

If it were mine I would have a good battery and charger and automatic bilge pump.

Thank you for the reply .. I am going to buy 2 new batteries and a the automatic bilge pump .. any recommendations on what to buy and where ?

Thank you for the reply .. I am going to buy 2 new batteries and a the automatic bilge pump .. any recommendations on what to buy and where ?

Just pick up an auto bilge pump from a reputable manufacturer. I like the Rule pumps myself. Avoid the super cheap ones on Amazon, as they don’t tend to last very long and this isn’t an item you want failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back