1996 GTX take off cavitation

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked the diagram, well I will be damned i have seen that diagram a couple times and never noticed the bumper on both side.

I also have a clip for part #7 instead of an o-ring. Came with the carbon ring kit.

Yours should have the C-Clip, the o-ring is the old part and known to fail.
Yes, good not crushed bumpers should be on both ends.

Yours should have the C-Clip, the o-ring is the old part and known to fail.
Yes, good not crushed bumpers should be on both ends.

I ordered both sides, figured may as well. Hopefully they will be here this week. I am not sure if the bumper fell out or has been missing for a while.

I was told that this was under water at some point. My uncles started to rebuild it then we had a shop guy help us out to rebuild it. I have noticed some hardware has been replaced with ferrous steel instead of the correct SS stuff. I am replacing that stuff when I can. But Metric stuff is still not popular in the US.

Bumper on both sides, half the time mine gets stuck in the pto flywheel so double check with a flashlight next time you have the shaft out.

"The Right Stuff", you can get it at napa. It's about $30 a tube but works very well.

Hi.. Can I use this product for most sealing (ride plate, ride shoe, pump support, etc? I have all these parts out of my ski to replace with 'new' ones. thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back