1996 GTX NO SPARK

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

partfish

Hey, I took my 1996 GTX out on the water for the first time Sunday and it ran ok with a few sputters here and there to be expected but after about 5 minutes of putting around letting it warm up I pegged it to the rev limiter for about 10 seconds then it died and lost spark. I have checked the ground to the rear box and all seems ok besides having no spark to the plugs! Any ideas?

Is the holder relay and starter relay the same? I will be taking the magneto cover off to look. What should I look for? Sorry if these are dumb questions

I am no electronics whiz but the holder relay is located in the front electronic compartment. If that magilla don't click the starter will not engage. I am currently working on mine to determine why I get a a no start even though it is clicking. I am not sure that will give you a NO SPARK now that I am thinking about it. There is a TEST you can to on the Trigger coil and you don't need the special tool. You will need an ohm meter. My problem was the trigger coil was full of rust particles and obviously could not detect the firing mark on the mag flywheel. I would start there, it is a simple test but others have great ideas as well.

I had an issue on my SPX (787 engine) where I was having some sort of internal voltage issues. I discovered that some of the fuses built onto the MPEM were only getting 5v or so (measuring the tops of the fuses). Since the MPEM was broken anyway, so I decided to "try something". I ran a power wire to both parts of that fuse link and got spark back. I put a fuse in-line on that power wire and made it permanent. Later, I discovered that this power wire got disconnected from the power source, but since it split into a fork, it acted like the original fuse link. I realized I no longer needed it, as the problem seemed to resolve itself. I replaced the fuse and rode it for a few years more with no issues until I sold the ski. I forgot if I was getting beeps when I put the key on or not, but I want to say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back