1996 GSX 787 Bogs Down After Warm Up

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
fatblockabody - I checked the exhaust hose. It feels very soft and easily compressed compared to our 97 GSX. Feels soft the entire length of the hose. Do you think it may be collapsing during operation?

popps - I have not checked RV clearance. It is a SBT Rebuilt engine and came with the RAVE valves installed.

I would bypass everything in the fuel system. Run hose from the fuel pickup directly to the carb. No valves, filters or anything. That will let you know for sure that part works. The next test is a pain, but it will tell you a lot. You can pull the electrical box out of the 97 along with the harness that goes to the motor on the 97. Then connect it into your 96. You only need the dess, the power to the electrical box, and the start stop switch. And connect the 97 harness plug to the motor. You do not need the gauges connected. Test and see what it does.

Also looking at the thread, you never said if you checked the voltage regulator. You can just unplug it and test. You just can't ride for a long period of time. Do this before you try the full gray box swap.
That is really great advice and one of the reasons i bought both the ski's the guy had that i got mine from. 2 2000 gtx millennium 787 rfi. One day i will use that advice.

by RV clearance, I mean the clearance between the rotary valve and the engine case…just something to rule out.,have you tried running with the the gas cap loose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back