1995 Seadoo Speedster Throttle cable sticking

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

teisenhart

I have a 1995 SeaDoo Speedster. The right engine throttle seems to be sticking. I replaced the spring and sleeve under the spring. However, when I push the throttle lever up, it moves correctly but then it has a hard time going back to where the throttle should be. The cable seems to working fine. I also sprayed it with some PB Blaster and tried to work it by hand. Still having a problem. Anyone else experience this issue?

Next step, I was going to take the carb apart and do a SBT carb rebuild kit on it. Wanted to see if anyone has this issue before doing so.

Thanks!
3388d57874023bacd68331ed8daeb767.jpg
37da16ee616dd541e026e5b6b400c8b5.jpg

Do not buy a SBT carb kit, they are crap and will cause more problems than they will fix.

Only buy genuine Mikuni kits and add needle and seats. Don’t use the springs in the kits either.

Thanks for the tip! SBT does offer a Mikuni SBN Carb Rebuild Kit.

Now that I'm looking at this further, I see a small piece missing from the cable cover (circled) of the throttle cable. Would this cause it to not wind back up?? It still move the throttle primer though.

Maybe the right throttle cable is shot??20180801_131301.jpeg

No, they do not! Their kits are not genuine Mikuni despite what they say. They are aftermarket chinese kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back