1995 seadoo runs at idle but not high speed?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had that same problem with mine. Try changing the sprak plugs regularly. With the older jet skis build up breaks the connections and can cause them to run strange.

Above are some cheap checks to try. It sounds like it may be losing fuel like the cap not venting and it builds up a vacuum in the tank until you slow down. The next thing I question may be the Carb. You may want to question some Dealers if this a common problem. But, a friend's boat was doing something similar and it turned out a float was sinking as it absorb fuel. How we checked; a mechanic said to remove the float and put in a jar of gas. The next day it was not floating as high.

Had a similar problem with my 93 GTX try switching fuel lever from on to reserve and see if it still acts the same it may be water or debris in the reserve line,on line or both you can remove this from the hull take fuel lines off and clear valve and lines back to tank.I had some water in mine and it acted the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back